The Fatboy* is unbelievably versatile across all genres. This barrel produces a beautifully focused and controlled sound with an even sense of resistance throughout.
There’s no need to make sacrifices for a darker tone, the Fatboy gives the feeling of lighter response with more resistance.
Your first choice for orchestral playing, both on stage and in the pit, the Fatboy never disappoints. Adaptable to both Bb and A Clarinets.
- Unbelievably versatile
- Beautifully-focused tone and controlled sound
- Lighter response with even resistance
- Interchangeable between B-flat and A clarinet
- Made in Vancouver, Canada (Get a virtual tour.)
- Beautiful, unstained grenadilla or cocobolo wood
- Backun/Buffet/Leblanc/Yamaha or Selmer fit
- 64mm to 68mm length
Video: Fatboy and MoBa Comparison
Join none other than Maestro Ricardo Morales as he shares his thoughts on how the MoBa and Fatboy barrels compare.
Due to recent CITES regulations, wood products may take between 1 and 3 weeks to arrive.
In Japan, the Fatboy Barrel is also known as the Backun Barrel.