THE FUTURE AND BEYOND
Backun CG Carbon Clarinet
The Future and Beyond
The world’s most technologically advanced clarinet, the CG Carbon features a body crafted from carbon fibre with an exotic wood core. Using a patented process, carbon fibre is fused to the precision machined core, resulting in a clarinet with the robust projection and unmatched intonation that Backun is known for. Years of material analysis and real-world testing have proven the fusion process can endure wide-ranging temperatures and humidity conditions without expansion or contraction of the clarinet body. Tonally, the playing characteristics stay true to that of a wooden clarinet with the new Backun Scale. This signature model, designed for Maestro Corrado Giuffredi, represents a giant leap into the future… and beyond. US Patent No. 10,636,395.
Custom Made and Built to Order
Backun Custom Clarinets are custom made and built to order by our dedicated team in Canada. For availability, and to discuss your musical needs, please contact us to schedule a free 15 minute sales consultation by phone or Zoom today.
- Available in Bb or A
- Carbon fibre body with premium, unstained exotic hardwood core (in grenadilla or cocobolo)
- Custom made key work with triple-strike plating (in silver or gold)
- Lumière complex taper with Backun Scale bore
- Lumière sculpted undercut and overcut tone holes
- Modular posting system
- Carbon fibre joints and tenons
- Solid Silver Thumb and Register Tubes
- Removable left-hand Eb key
- Automatic Low F Vent mechanism
- Inline trill keys with hardened, blue steel coil springs
- Advanced adjustment screws
- Adjustable thumb rest with neck strap ring
- Custom black leather pads
- Custom register pad with voicing pin
- Lumière 65mm and 64mm Barrels
- Lumière Bell
- Custom BAM Trekking Double Clarinet Case
- Polishing cloth
- Silk swab
- Cork grease
- Backun Warranty
- Mouthpiece not included
The Clarinet of My Dreams
Finesse, class, power, elegance, exquisite resonance, impeccable intonation and the gorgeous looks, without a doubt those are the clarinets of my dreams!
Does Wood Need Carbon Fibre?!
I was playing a concert in the amazing theatre “La Fenice” in Venice, Italy. The famous piano maker and engineer Paolo Fazioli was in the audience and he asked me at the end of the concert, “I’ve noticed your clarinet, wow Corrado your clarinet sounds amazing, is it carbon fibre?” I answered with the process of how it is made at the Backun factory and according to him the carbon fibre is a material where the wood doesn’t have any changes plus the the harmonics spectrum of the clarinet is wider. As soon as you get to play this clarinet you will immediately understand that this is the future of the clarinet and I’m very proud that it brings my name on it, thank you Backun Musical Services family.