The Fatboy is at home in the world's most prestigious concert halls, the most notorious jazz clubs, and everything in between. It's our best-selling barrel, and for good reason.
- Produce a dark, rich tone with ease
- Even resistance throughout all registers
- Stunning ease of articulation
- Incredibly consistent response
- Adaptable to both Bb and A Clarinets
Video: Fatboy and MoBa Comparison
- Standard, Standard + (large bore), and Selmer Paris fit
- Beautiful, unstained grenadilla or cocobolo wood
- 64mm to 68mm length
- Made in Vancouver, Canada
Q: Grenadilla or Cocobolo?
A: The choice is yours! Grenadilla has a black appearance and a bright sound with ease of projection. Cocobolo has a reddish appearance with a dark sound that blends with ease.
Q: Which length should I order?
A: If you're happy with the length of your current barrel, order the same length. If your tuning is a bit too high or low, you'll want to order a longer or shorter barrel respectively.
Q: Which fit?
A: Backun barrels are available in two fits, with some exceptions:
- Standard: Backun, Buffet, Leblanc, Selmer USA, Yamaha.
- Selmer Paris: Selmer Paris instruments (Excluding 10G, Series 9, Centered Tone, and Selmer USA.)
- Exceptions: Yamaha CSG please order Custom Barrel. Selmer 10G, Series 9, Centered tone and USA please order Standard fit.
Q: What does "+" Mean?
A: The + model is a standard fit barrel with a larger bore for an even more free-blowing feel.
- Please make sure to select the right fit for your instrument model. If you're not sure please contact us for assistance.
- In Japan, the Fatboy Barrel is also known as the Backun Barrel.