About the Job
General Description: Apprenticeship position in general clarinet repairs. Also includes the handcrafting and assembly of professional clarinets
· Act as customer liaison to identify repairs and provide quotes, consult and make recommendations.
· Repair work will include cleaning, adjusting key mechanisms, replacing pads and corks, doing crack repairs, joint replacements (re and re all posts and keys), regulating and adjusting intricate and complex key mechanisms, testing.
· Work as part of the clarinet assembly team when repairs are completed including posting, key assembly (aligning and fitting), play testing, adjustments, and final packing.
· You will be required to contribute to departmental discussions and problem solving
Benefits: Competitive pay, Vacation benefits, and holiday pay, plus employer funded extended health plan (sick days, bereavement leave, disability, life insurance, critical illness, dental, specialized health practitioners, etc.) EV charging station
Backun Musical Services is a Canadian manufacturing company specializing in Clarinets and Clarinet Accessories. The company’s products are played globally by many of the world’s most respected woodwind artists, while being sold through a network of distributors and dealers in more than 30 countries. Using advanced technology and complex manufacturing processes, Backun designs and manufactures exceptional woodwind products in Burnaby, BC, Canada. You can learn more about us at www.backunmusical.com
· You must have specific woodwind instrument repair tech training from a certified school or equivalent apprenticeship experience with excellent references.
· Playing at an intermediate level is required in order to playtest and uncover mechanical and acoustic problems
· You must have excellent communication skills and be committed to ongoing learning.
· You will be required to demonstrate dexterity in using hand and machine tools and understanding of the intricate relationship that exists between all the parts of the instrument with a bench test.
· Work status in Canada is required before the job starts. I