a favorite amongst orchestral players
The MoBa Barrel is an artistic collaboration between Morrie Backun and Ricardo Morals that has to be played to be believed. It produces an unmistakable full-bodied dark sound that makes it a favorite amongst orchestral players worldwide.
- Full-bodied, dark sound
- Incredible flexibility throughout the registers
- Ease of articulation and exceptional sound
- Our most robust and resistant offering
Video: Fatboy and Moba Comparison
- Standard, Standard +, or Selmer Paris Fit
- Beautiful, unstained grenadilla or cocobolo wood
- 62mm to 69mm length
- Interchangeable between B-flat and A clarinets.
- Made in Vancouver, Canada
Q: Grenadilla or Cocobolo?
A: The choice is yours! Grenadilla has a black appearance and a bright sound with ease of projection. Cocobolo has a reddish appearance with a dark sound that blends with ease.
Q: Which length should I order?
A: If you're happy with the length of your current barrel, order the same length. If your tuning is a bit too high or low, you'll want to order a longer or shorter barrel respectively.
Q: Which fit?
A: Backun barrels are available in two fits, with some exceptions:
- Standard: Backun, Buffet, Leblanc, Selmer USA, Yamaha.
- Selmer Paris: Selmer Paris instruments (Excluding 10G, Series 9, Centered Tone, and Selmer USA.)
- Exceptions: Yamaha CSG please order Custom Barrel. Selmer 10G, Series 9, Centered tone and USA please order Standard fit.
Q: What does "+" Mean?
A: The + model is a standard fit barrel with a larger bore for an even more free-blowing feel.
Due to recent CITES regulations, wood products may take between 1 and 3 weeks to arrive.